19 June 2008

It's my birthday I can skyve if I want to

Actually, I can't - I've gotta go to work. I'm praying my former line manager didn't leak the day, as pawning off cake to sheepish colleagues who didn't know my name up until now isn't exactly how I'd like to spend four o'clock. Know what I mean?

Over the weekend, Bruce bought me a lovely handbag and dress from my favourite little boutique, Orla Kiely, but he still presented me with a voucher for maternity wear this morning so I'd have something to open. Best husband ever?

My dear friend kimchi Head (who always seems to find the perfect card) has also promised to try and visit in January, right around the time I'll be needing an extra set of hands. Even if I shut my eyes now and woke up tomorrow, this would still count as one of my favourite birthdays.

4 comments:

pk said...

Happy Birthday. He sounds like he might be.....

Make!Do! said...

Orla Kiely? Oh my lord, you are very very lucky. Happy last child free birthdy. Might I suggest a lingering dinner - hours - in a cozy place that your stroller could never wedge its way into? And really linger - dessert, coffee, the whole she-bang. You may look back with fond fond nostalgia. Uh, I guess if you could keep it down.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Happy birthday! And how weird is it that four of my blogging friends have birthdays this week?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, you. Wish I could come visit.