29 August 2008

The Bible rubs shoulders with Angela Carter

Well, my holiday in Canada is drawing to a swift close. I'm not sure how I want to commemorate the experience online, if at all, though I do want to say that a vacation rarely ever offers a break from life, and that a long break from family rarely ever results in happier visits. I'd do well to keep that in mind the next time I plan a trip to the homeland, and also to make damn sure we have our own place to stay.

Still, the bits that weren't fraught with the overanxious, clingy neurosis of my parents' suggestive hive mind were just what I was hoping for, and we do plan to return to these things next summer independently (for a longer period, and with our new addition).

If I felt there was something essential missing from my life in London, it certainly isn't here, though I do wish I could rescue all my books.

Hey: 21 weeks today! I think I feel little bursts of movement, but I'm not entirely sure.

See you back there.

3 comments:

pk said...

That's because Angela Carter is god. I worship her beyond reason: a foul mouthed, hilarious and penetrating god: what more could you want?

Anonymous said...

Dude, we need to hook up before this baby is born. When's it going to be? I'm going away until 19th, so time and place me any day after that.

Anonymous said...

Emmms: Yes!